Our new Moderated Session Scheduler makes organizing research simpler and more time-efficient. The best part is, it's unlocked for you for the first half of 2021!
On this page:
Scheduler capabilities unlocked for you
- Create availability blocks in a calendar view, where potential participants can select their timeslot.
- You can customize:
- Length of your sessions
- Buffer times between sessions
- Minimum booking notice you need
- Maximum number of sessions per day
- Start sessions on the quarter-hour, half-hour, or on the hour
- Create a number of screener questions to get the right participants for your study.
- Start unscheduled sessions.
- Cancel any upcoming sessions.
- When participants start scheduling sessions, you’ll see the most immediate next session at the top of the Scheduler page. It displays the participant’s first name and last initial, the date and time of the session, and the ability to start or cancel the session.
- View and manage a list of completed and upcoming sessions.
- Today and the current time is marked with a red line.
- The line appears above the session when it's ready to start.
- Start or cancel sessions by hovering over an upcoming session.
- You can't edit your availability from the List view. To do so, go back to the Week view.
- Moderators receive a session confirmation email when a participant schedules a time.
- The Moderator can add scheduled sessions into an external calendar using a .ics file from session confirmation emails.
- Participants can:
- Book a session from available time slots
- Confirm their booking
- Cancel or reschedule their session
- Participants receive two session reminder emails before the session starts:
- 24 hours
- 30 minutes
- To help ensure better audio, video, and connection quality when they join, participants on desktop complete an initial tech check when:
- They confirm their session
- Before they join the session
- A new session list view and next session card are now available!
- The list view shows:
- Upcoming sessions
- Start and cancel options
- Completed sessions with a button to access results
- A card at the top of the page shows the next upcoming session, a start session button, or the ability to cancel.
- There will be regular updates to the Scheduler through early 2021, including improvements to both the experience and functionality for the moderator and for prospective participants.
- Updates you can expect soon:
- More options for screening participants
- More flexibility to change your availability and reschedule sessions
- Calendar integration
- To schedule sessions beyond the first half of 2021, speak to your Account Manager about upgrade options.
- If you choose not to upgrade:
- You can still conduct Moderated research with UserZoom and invite participants via a multi-use link, but you won’t be able to use the screening and scheduling capabilities listed above.
- We’ll let you know at least 30 days in advance before locking this feature.
Tell us what you think
Feedback is a gift that we love to receive! As the Scheduler iterates over the coming months, let us know what you think. Have any challenges? Find a bug? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.