Learn who UserZoom is, how we can help you in your role, and where to start.
On this page:
- Why UserZoom?
- Designers: What's in it for me?
- Researchers: What's in it for me?
- Product Owners: What's in it for me?
- Everyone else: What's in it for me?
- UserZoom helps you run UX research with real people to:
- Quickly test and validate designs within Sprints
- Make user-focused design decisions
- Measure the impact of UX
- Proper UX research leads to digital experiences that customers love and improve your business KPIs (for example, conversions, revenue, retention).
- The platform allows you to:
- Build studies
- Analyze data
- Share your research
- Access a vast panel of real end users or invite your own.
- Take the New User Onboarding class in the UserZoom Academy to learn more about the platform and how to get started.
Designers: What's in it for me?
Designers use UserZoom to reduce the (annoying and time-consuming) design debate that happens when designs are “reviewed”.
- Whether you’re working on a live site, prototype, or image, it's quick and easy to get feedback from real end users to counter internal opinions within Sprints.
- The most popular tests designers start with are:
- Video-based studies: Participants use a prototype and say what they think
- Click tests: Get feedback on a static image and generate a heatmap
- Take the New User Onboarding class in the UserZoom Academy to learn how to start testing.
Real-life example for Designers
Learn how Kroger test during design and discovery stages.
Researchers: What's in it for me?
Researchers use UserZoom to overcome challenges that hinder the growth of UX Research in their organization. Common challenges include:
- Keeping up with the demand for fast testing (typically from Product Teams)
- Ensuring research is impactful and drives design decisions
- Proving the value of UX Research to the C-Suite by measuring using qxScore
Get the data you need
- You can quickly run Qualitative and Quantitative studies that answer thousands of research questions.
- Before you jump into the platform, learn about the different methods in the Build and Analyze Your Studies course in the UserZoom Academy.
- If you’re new to remote testing, or even if you have years of experience, the New User Onboarding course in the UserZoom Academy is also a great place to start.
Real-life example for Researchers
Learn how Adobe uses QXscore to measure effectiveness.
Product Owners: What's in it for me?
The most successful products intuitively solve real customer problems. Achieving this means deeply understanding end users.
- Product Owners, and the teams who work with them, use UserZoom to answer three questions throughout the Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC):
- What problems do customers face?
- What is the best way to solve those problems?
- How do we compare to competitors?
- Using UserZoom during all PDLC stages allows you to:
- Answer these questions quickly with statistical robustness
- Make confident product design decisions
- Save time and money
- Hit your product KPIs
- Ensuring you are building the right thing
- Even if you're not running studies yourself, a good place to start is with the New User Onboarding course in the UserZoom Academy.
Real-life example for Product Owners
Learn how H&M improved their checkout experience and conversion rates.
Everyone else: What's in it for me?
There is a multitude of ways you can use UserZoom to improve your decision making by basing it on user insight rather than gut instinct.
- Some of the thousands of use cases include:
- Testing copy to make sure it's clear and compelling
- Deciding between design variants
- Getting early feedback on product concepts
- Benchmarking versus competitors
- Finding usability problems
- AB Testing different images for Amazon listings
- Get creative, the list goes on...
- Whatever your role, a great place to start is with the New User Onboarding course in the UserZoom Academy, especially if you're new to UX or remote research.