Understand settings needed for UserZoom to work when you are behind a firewall/proxy or on other restricted networks.
On this page:
- Unmoderated studies on restricted networks
- Moderated studies on restricted networks
- UserZoom extension
Unmoderated studies on restricted networks
Your IT department may have restrictions set up on your network or computer. To get around these restrictions, and use an internal page for a study, follow these steps:
- Whitelist *.userzoom.com.
For firewalls or proxies that don’t support wildcards, this is the list of domains to whitelist.
- If your study requires access to the UserZoom extension, whitelist the Chrome Web Store.
- If you need more help, we’re here for you.
Moderated studies on restricted networks
Your IT department may have restrictions set up on your network or computer. To make sure your router, firewall, or networking device is not blocking access, follow these steps:
- Whitelist the following domains:
- Open the following ports:
- TCP port 443 (required)
- UDP port 3478 (required to allow UDP traffic for video and audio data)
- Any range up to 2K UDP ports within the 1025 - 65535 range
While Moderated might work without opening any UDP ports, we have seen that not allowing UDP traffic can result in intermittent audio and video issues during a session. If you would need a list of specific IPs for which to allow UDP traffic, please reach out to us.
- Make sure WebRTC traffic is not blocked. WebRTC traffic can be blocked even if you have the above ports open.
- In addition to HTTP, WSS (WebSocket) protocol needs to be supported within the corporate network as it is required for real-time communication and state synchronization between participants.
If you need more help, we’re here for you.
To allow downloads of the UserZoom extension, whitelist access to the Google Web Store.